Job Opportunity – ICSF Analyst
ICSF’s US office in San Francisco is seeking an Analyst to join our vibrant, passionate team. The individual will proactively support with project coordination, report writing, high quality analysis and sector-specific research to support effective engagement with our partners. They will be responsible for collating, interpreting and reporting on complex information around strategy, business models, financial modeling and social impact. The position requires a methodical yet flexible approach in order to work seamlessly across a diverse national and international portfolio of projects and deliver at a consistently high standard.
This role requires an enthusiastic self-starter who possesses exceptional attention to detail and the initiative to understand and get involved in all aspects of this small and growing organization. Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, they are an excellent communicator with the ability to listen and see the bigger picture.
While this role is based in San Francisco, this position will likely require international travel and collaboration with our headquarters in London. We are seeking someone dedicated to ICSF’s mission, and therefore, the mission of our partners.
We look forward to hearing from you.
ICSF Country Director, US
- Deliver high quality analysis to support the replication of proven social projects in a range of sectors—such as healthcare, early childhood development and food security—across diverse geographies
- Assist in consultancy projects across the social sector. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Preparing and participating in workshops with clients
- Conducting desk- and field-based research
- Drafting proposals and reports for clients and internal use
- Developing financial models
- Building and maintaining ICSF’s knowledge and resources around replication and scale more broadly
- Supporting the ICSF team, including some administrative tasks
Qualifications & personal traits
- Bachelor’s degree
- Self-starter who is enthusiastic and flexible
- Organized, methodical and attentive to detail
- Willingness to “pitch in” and work as a team, but with the ability to work effectively independently where required
- Excellent communication skills—able to take complex information and communicate it to others succinctly
- Personal commitment to the social sector
Bonus qualifications & experience
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, report writing and project coordination. We do not encourage those with over 4 years of applicable experience to apply.
- Experience with business and financial modeling
- Experience in the social impact space
- Experience living and working in developing countries
- Experience in consulting
- Relevant graduate degree: MBA, MPH, MPP, M.A. International Relations, etc.
- Work location: San Francisco, CA with periodic international travel (~25-30%)
- Starting date: Early July 2017
- Candidates will need existing permission to work in the US
- ICSF offers health and retirement benefits
Deadline and interview dates
- Deadline for application: May 22, 2017, 5pm PDT
- Screening phone calls: Late May through early June
- Second round phone interviews: Mid June
- In-person interviews: Late June
- Start date: Early July preferred
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV, cover letter, confirmation you have permission to work in the US, and potential start date.