ICSF is seeking a part-time Finance Manager for our US office in San Francisco, California, to be responsible for a diverse range of tasks including maintaining accurate accounting records, overseeing invoicing and bank reconciliations, preparing quarterly management accounts and managing our outsourced payroll processes.
The number of hours work will fluctuate and could range from 15 to 25 hours per week, carried out remotely with occasional visits to the ICSF office. We are a growing organization with six members of staff and expectations of expansion.
The US Finance Manager will report to the US Director and work closely with the UK Finance Director.
This role requires an enthusiastic self-starter with excellent attention to detail, well-developed IT and communication skills and the ability to get involved in all financial aspects of this growing organization. With a strong education background and a proven accounting track record, this individual will be an asset to the US office, and contribute to the organization’s overall social mission.
Are you the Finance Manager we are looking for?
- Maintain accurate records, including intercompany transactions, on our accounting database
- Oversee accounting, including invoicing, collections, and accounts payable and other banking processing.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts
- Process payroll and ensure payroll compliance
- Serve as plan administrator for ICSF’s retirement plan
- Prepare US audit schedules, as needed
- Manage insurance requirements
- Manage tax compliance, including filing of the annual Form 990 and State compliance filings
- Liaise closely with ICSF’s UK Finance Director
- Other adhoc finance, HR and operations tasks to be dealt with as they arise
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Traits
- BA degree
- Accounting qualification
- At least 10 years of accounting and finance experience
- Non-profit experience
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Organized, methodical and attentive to detail
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literate with good accounting package, Microsoft word and excel skills
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and qualitative skills
- Rate starting at $45/hour
- Estimated time commitment between 15 and 25 hours per week
- Start as soon as possible
- Candidate must have permission to work in the US
- Work location: Flexible home working within the San Francisco, California area with occasional visits to the San Francisco office.
- The candidate will need to respond to emails throughout the week despite the role being part-time
Application deadline and interview dates
- Deadline for application: 17th November 2017
- First round phone call interviews: w/c 20th November 2017
- To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org: CV, cover letter, confirmation you have permission to work in the US, potential start date, and subject line “Finance Manager Application November 2017, Your Name”