We only work with organisations who have proven solutions to social issues because we know a good idea is only the first step – strategy and implementation are the real challenges.
We help turn a big picture vision into practical reality by listening carefully, getting the facts straight and asking thought-provoking questions. We help our clients to understand the options for social replication and scale to develop a plan that works for your specific context. Our formula:
- Strategic and practical. We challenge clients to set ambitious social targets, and then help them develop pragmatic strategies to achieve them.
- Commercial and social. Our team brings both commercial and social expertise from working with some of the world’s most impactful purpose organisations and our own research. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise ourselves, investing any surplus back into our social mission, so we ‘get’ the sector.
- Rigorous process. Scaling is challenging, but not impossible. It requires careful design of a system that works, monitoring, and improvement, backed by solid systems and process which we help design and implement.
- Connected. We help facilitate the links needed for clients to implement their strategies, from funding to service providers.
- Successful. We only count our work as a success if our clients create genuine and lasting social impact.
[Working with ICSF] has really made me think about ways of expanding our work without setting up a ‘new’ project, as we are passionate about what we do but believe so strongly in ‘local and small’ to keep the personal contact.
— Christine Duff, Director, Organic Arts
Believing in people and their ability to co-create change, we involve key people in the process, at the executive and operational levels of our clients organisation. We coach through implementation, making sure that strategy is translated into real change.
Finally, we always aim to empower our clients with the skills and confidence to implement by themselves, and we hold ourselves to account by measuring our success based on the impact of our partners.
ICSF is a go-to organisation. Thinktank and research, strategy and execution. They helped our organisation understand social franchising. And their strong, structured logical business approach is very useful. They have no prefab solutions, rather they listen, really get what we’re trying to do, and then we brainstorm solutions together.
— Julie McBride, Head of Social Franchising, PSI